Duration 02 / night
Where is Gangtok
Gangtok is the capital of the mountainous northern Indian state of Sikkim. Established as a Buddhist pilgrimage site in the 1840s, the city became capital of an independent monarchy after British rule ended, but joined India in 1975. Today, it remains a Tibetan Buddhist center and a base for hikers organizing permits and transport for treks through Sikkim's Himalayan mountain ranges. Gangtok is profoundly endowed with the natural beauty. The capital city is the beating heart of India's first organic and spit-free State. Gangtok thrives with the transcending Himalayan allure and charm and is the abode to the multiracial, their cultures and traditions, natural wonders, and peaceful ambiance.
what to see in Gangtok
Plan an amazing trip to Gangtok! Top tourist places, sightseeing, attractions and things to do in Gangtok.
- Nathu La : One of the most sought-after tourist destination in Gangtok and the international border trade pass between India and China, and the ancient Silk-route.
- Rumtek Monastery : A pilgrimage hub for the Buddhist and a perfect place to be at, especially for someone in search of peace and seclusion.
- Tsomgo Lake : Located in the eastern region, this lake is considered sacred. This mysterious lake amid the mountains is one of the major scenic allures worth the time.
- MG Marg : Mahatma Gandhi Marg is one of the most appealing places in the heart of Gangtok. A perfect place to relax, shop, relish the Sikkimese and Tibetan cuisines, the place for booking accommodations, car rentals, permits, and what not? MG Marg is the soul of Gangtok.
- Banjhakri Water Falls : A perfect place for recreation. A 50feet waterfall plummets to enrapture everyone. It is one of the famous picnic spot and a major sightseeing destination in Gangtok.
Climate in Gangtok
The climate in Gangtok is mostly pleasant in March-May, and from September-October. During these months, the temperature dwindles from 15degree Celsius to 23 degree Celsius. You can enjoy the unhindered views of the majestic mountain ranges and the landscapes. The pleasant climate delights the travelers by granting access to all sorts of adventure activities, sightseeing, etc. Gangtok weather slightly turns cold with fall in temperature from 15 to 12 degrees in November and December. The climate in Gangtok turns severely cold with the fall in mercury between 2 degrees to 8 degree Celsius; it is the time when the higher regions receive snowfall.