Duration 04 / night
Darjeeling is a Doorway to Adventures
Apart from sightseeing and touring through its evergreen colonial streets, you can also choose to indulge in adventure activities. The undulating foothills, the thick forests, undiscovered trek routes, and the rich Himalayan wildlife make Darjeeling and extremely coveted ecological stoppage which is an ideal host for many adventure-based activities. This offers a welcoming respite to many sightseeing oriented itineraries by infusing a dash of thrill into your vacation.
Explore your wild side through exciting Adventure Sports in Darjeeling
- At Jalpahar, you can enjoy paragliding through the rolling valleys of Darjeeling and get access to a panoramic views of the Himalayan environment. The activity destination is near St. Paul’s School and is a thirty minute walk from the Mall.
- You can trek through the Singalila ridge that is covered with an astounding variety of magnolias, orchids and rhododendrons by the arrival of spring.
- You can also try a hand at rock climbing at the Tenzing Rock, where Tenzing Norgay practiced for hours before scaling the Everest.
Off-road Adventures in Darjeeling
- You can also dip into the streams that cut through the district of Darjeeling. You’ll run into plenty of packages that offer white water rafting options through the rippling tides of the Teesta.
- White water rafting programs can be combined with overnight bonfire camping arrangements by the banks of Teesta so that you can sleep under the stars and wake up to the chirping of Himalayan birds around.
- You can also indulge in cliff-jumping with the assistance of the experts.